Monday, October 11, 2010

Vintage Chalkboard Calendar

So a few weeks ago my mom and I were driving around with the kids, and we stumbled upon a garage sale that enticed me to stop and look further. I found this amazing, old chalkboard for $1 and just knew I had to have it. Not sure what I was going to use it on, and my mom came up with the great idea of using it as the base of one of my many calendars. Although it is quite large, measuring 24" X 24" overall, I absolutely loved the way it turned out. I purchased some metal sheeting and cut it down to 16" X 16". My super talented hubby helped me to attach the metal to the board using rivets. How cool is that! (My favorite new tool by the way!) There is something so satisfying about incorporating the past into the present in a new way. As many of you know, I get butterflies whenever I get a find of the day on one of my many excursions. Have you ever bought something old and gave it a new life? I challenge you to stop by a yard sale or even the thrift store and transform something old into something super cool. Please share your great inspiration, I would love to see!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

This is AWESOME girl! that chalkboard was such a FAB find!

Valerie said...

Fantastic! Wat a find - and for ony a dollar! You definitely scored with that one and I love how you transformed it! I am a vintage and yard sale junkie :)

Unknown said...

I love this! And, how cool that you found something and followed through with re-purposing it. I have such a tendancy to discover some great item that I just know "I can do something so cool with", but then I do nothing...My garage attests to that!

And, wanted to pop over and tell you thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. Heather @ Speckled Egg hosts the matchbox swaps quite often so hopefully you will join in on the fun!

aimee said...

So freaking cool!!! I love everything about this!!