Saturday, February 26, 2011

Twisted Card #048 "FOLDS"

Hello Friends! It is time once again for Twisted Sketches newest card sketch. This week's twist is "folds" anyhow, anyway. For my take, I decided to make a card for my distant cousin's baby shower this weekend. She is getting ready to have her first baby, a sweet girl she plans to name Eden. So sweet. I am still struggling on what to buy for her, as I hear the nursery is overstocked with absolute girly sweetness. Not to mention, the baby already has enough clothes to wear for the first 5 years of life....if she could only manage to fit in 0-6 months for that long. : ) I think I will go out today and purchase her a "Hooter Hider." Have you ever heard of those? I had one with my youngest, and it was a pure Godsend. It basically is like a fabric apron that goes over the mama's neck to cover her up while breastfeeding. Doesn't the name just kill you? Talk about funny, I crack up every time I think about the name. :) As for the card, I thought it would be nice to give her something handmade with a little "extra." As most of you know, I love incorporating something functional into lots of my cards that can be taken off and used later. The functional embellishment on this card is a sweet little headband for the baby. See the flower and the fuschia yarn trim going accross? I basically slid it onto the cover of the card to have it serve as an embellishment too. I have been dying to make some of these rolled flowers for over a year now, and finally sat down to make my very first one and this is it. I am pleasantly surprised how easy and elegant it turned out. That dupioni silk is so gorgeous and easy to work with. Onto the delicious details on the card....

I started with an American Crafts pink 5X7 cardstock card. I then decided to use some Hambly goodness...oh how I love. The "onesies" paper is perfect for a baby card. The onesie are a funky green, and to give it a little more of a girlish look I decided to "x-acto" out the center of one of the onesies to reveal the pink cardstock underneath. I then took some pink paper and "folded" it into a little tutu to play along with the "folds" twist. I created lots of fun scallops with Hambly's Baroque Overlay and some Prima Flights of Fancy paper underneath. I also used a glittered paper strip from K Company's Carolyn Gavin Greenhouse collection. On top of that is Pink Paislee's Bayberry Cottage Ribbon Pleats. The title was created using the new American Crafts Forest Thickers & Colorbok's ooh-la-la glitter stickers. Lastly but certainly not least is the headband created out of hot pink/green dupioni silk, vintage fuschia yarn trim & the fabulous Webster's Pages Sparkler in the center.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to visit http://www.twistedsketches.com/ for the actual sketch and other fantabulous creations!

Have a wonderful weekend! Amy

18 comments:

~amy~ said...

Now how cute is this? Such a neat card/giftie!

Nancy said...

Dazzzling! with so many amazing details! Turned out beautifully!!!! as always!!! She's gonn love it!

Andrea Amu said...

Oh, how amazingly cute, Amy!
Your cousin will absolutely love this for Eden(a favorite girl name of mine)! Love the lil' pink tutu you created AND the fab headband!
And the Hooter Hider...lol, sounds like a useful choice of a gift!

StephC said...

My gosh, you never cease to amaze me! You're so amazingly talented, and always have the coolest ideas! Well done!!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Oh I love this one Amy! LOVE the colours ..and I like the flower..everything. WOW! I just found this blog and have posted my take on this sketch already! I was so ispired. Hope you have a lovely week.

patti west said...

hi Amy! #1- love the card! the sweet hambly pp in lime - so fun! #2 - to make and add a baby headband to the card - who thinks to do that? AMY does. totally. freakin'. cool. :) :) :)

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

amazing!! :) I love the screen print you've used@ and baby headband on the card is such a cute idea! lovely card Amy! I'm totally dishing the colours!! :)

Leah's Crafty Life said...

Wow girl.. LOVE that you incorporated the headband and the functionality! So very cool. It's such a sweet card and your cousin will totally love it. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm now a follower too! :)

wendipooh13 said...

LOVE LOVE your card and the dress up on the card is soo cute, gorgeous flower also!!!

Jessy Christopher said...

That flower fold u created is just too beautiful! I love it alot. It went well with ur card :)

Chrissy said...

I am LoViNg this card! I love the color and how it is soooooo NON-TRADITIONAL! I love how modern it is. Fantastic layers and FOLDS!

Gladys said...

So very sweet tutu u made! love it! and the handmade flower! Love it! Amy!

ellen s. said...

oh goodness! i love love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and the beautiful flower - I am for anything handmade embellishments!

Valerie said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Amy. I love so many things about it, the headband (!), the clever little girl onesie you crafted, the folded ribbon. Wow!!
(hooter hider...LOL!)

lisa said...

Oh wow, that is gorgeous. You are so creative!!
Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog xx

Paige Taylor Evans said...

This is adorable! What a clever idea to include a headband right on the card!

Stella said...

This is not just a card; this is ART. Jaw dropping gorgeous and I love it! You should frame this beauty :)