Wednesday, April 11, 2012

He Is Risen!

I hope everyone had a delightful Easter full of wonderful blessings with family & friends. I did 2 fabulously fun projects for Easter this year. One is a set of prize Easter trophies I will share later this week, and the other is this wonderful wreath completely inspired and lifted from Rhonna Farrer. When I saw her wreath and the banner "He Is Risen" emblazoned across the top I was sucked into the beautiful design and what it represented from the get go.

To start with, I purchased her digital Easter Celebrations: Printable Sayings. I printed and punched the letters out with a scalloped punch. For added dimension, I put some silver stickles and robin egg blue chalk ink around the edges of the scallops. Wrapping the foam wreath in the burlap, I was ready to start adorning with tons of butterflies & flowers. I have lots of pins, and it was so fun playing around with placement of the embellishments on the foam wreath. I used paper & die-cuts from Crate Paper's So Random Collection. The straight pins & darling tiny clothespins are from Maya Road. Twine is from the Twinery & the blue trim is from Webster's Pages. The golden button flower & too cute for words robin's egg nest are from Prima. I got the fluffy feathered tail bird from Michael's as well as the gorgeous, thick aqua ribbon at the top. My favorite added touches at the end were the copper "believe" tag, the vintage millinery leaves & those crazy cute fringed flowers! I haven't made those before, but they were too much fun to make...starting out with the kraft, I loved the look so continued to add more out of the Crate Paper. You'll notice some peaking from behind the big kraft flower and some more of it just above the copper tag. I used my mom's shredding shears to create these flowers with...definitely on the top of my wish list now!

I hope you enjoyed stopping by my blog today, and I thank you dearly Rhonna for your wonderful digitals and fantastically inspirational Easter wreath!
Amy

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS!!! I love love love the flowers, the bird and loveeeeeeeee the banner!!!

Briana Johnson said...

LOVEly LOVEly. You were inspired by her but you really made this all your own - this really looks just like you! It's amazing. I love love the fringed flower - how it has two different paper layers, all the vintage touches.

Sabr said...

Oh my goodness this is a lovely wreath!! So many beautiful details!

Marilyn said...

This is Gorgeous!!! love it!!!

Unknown said...

It's stunning! I hope you had a lovely Easter!

Sandy xox

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Amy!! Such amazing detail and so many beautiful things to peek at! Love, love that banner!