Thursday, May 3, 2012

NEVER Give Up On Your DREAMS...& New Theme over @ Paper Issues!

Do you remember me declaring my obsession with Ormolu? Awhile back I shared a card with you, titled "Ormolu Inspired." At the time I had only admired Ormolu from a distance. Well guess what? I couldn't wait any longer, and went on an Ormolu shopping spree as an early birthday present to me! :) In fact, as I write this post it will officially be my birthday! I have been so busy lately, my creating time has been on the back burner. Well, that was until I received my Ormolu goodies earlier this week. I have been a busy bee creating several calendars using lots of the Ormolu 2-day hooray collection.

The calendar that I am sharing with you this evening, is hot off the press! This is a big boy, measuring appx 18"X18". There is a rather large sentiment that says "NEVER Give Up On Your DREAMS." What a wonderful goal to keep don't you think? It would be perfect for the graduating senior, or for anyone who wants that extra reminder to try and achieve their goals each and every day!
As for materials, I created the background using lots of different patterned papers from KaiserCraft, The Paper Studio, Prima, Cosmo Cricket, Simple Stories, K & Company, Crate Paper, & Jenni Bowlin. I even created the fun chevron squares from Ormolu's Line & Letter Chevron Tags. The days of the week are some of Ormolu's fabric swatches. I love the added texture these add to the piece! Most of the numbers are vintage trinkets with the exception of a few. Check out #11...I must say I LOVE the Studio Calico wooden people...too cute for words! :)

Now onto another important subject at hand: Paper Issues has the newest theme up on the blog: Let's Go Abroad! Whether using some of Studio Calico's newest collection "Abroad" or whatever "Abroad" means to you, we would love to see your creations! Maybe documenting your travels or something as simple as using some of your favorite "map" paper. (I used some map paper in my calendar. Do you see it?) You can link up your "Abroad" projects through May 12, so get busy!

Now I'm off to get a few zzzzz's before my big day begins. Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me....
Thanks for stopping by!
Amy









11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING all the goodies on here!! And I love Ormolu too!! I just recently posted a lo with their goodies on it!!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Jingle said...

Ummm...WOW! This is seriously amazing! Wow. Again. 'Cause it totally deserves a double wow! Happy Birthday!

misty said...

Your work is always amazing! Love this!

BabyBokChoy said...

This really is outstanding!!!!!!

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet girl! I hope you have an awesome day! Your calendar is out of this world!

Sandy xox

~jan said...

Happy {belated} Birthday, Amy! :) Your newest calendar is da bomb! Love it. And thanks for letting me in on the secret of Ormolu! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

You calendars are SO amazingly cool, Amy! I am always in awe of all the fun ephemera you add to them. Just looking at all the ways you did the numbers is the most fun ever! I love the wooden people 11. Love the dominos and the dice, too. This is uh-mazing!

Michelle Hernandez said...

Oh FUN!!!!!!! Fantastic work!!! I love that you hand stamped that wood circle- it's blending with the vintage pieces perfectly. I'm thinking you and Ormolu are a perfect match- I love them too!!!!

Sabr said...

Whoa!! This is amazing and the things you used as numbers are so clever!! Everything you make is magic!

Connie Mercer said...

darling~love all the stuff to look at!!!!

Unknown said...

Happee birthday!!! belated :( - I really love how there are so many charming little things all drawn together to make a beautiful whole!