Friday, May 11, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Trophies!

A few weeks ago I shared with you a tutorial on some Easter Trophies I made for our annual egg hunt. Because of the major interest in these on Pinterest, I thought I would make a different version of them for Teachers Appreciation Week!

On the hunt for "trophy cups" I stumbled upon these at Target a few weeks ago. I originally was going to cover them all in silver glitter, but let my boys decide instead. Jack chose the aqua glitter for his 2nd Grade Teacher, and Sam chose red & silver for his Pre-K Teachers. Using Martha Stewart's glitter glue and her super fine glitter, it was very easy to cover the cup portion of the trophy. I created the accordian rosettes out of October Afternoon Road Map Paper and an ABC file folder from Cavallini. The ribbon hanging down is my favorite part. I wanted to add color, and this was just the place to do it. I have tons of ribbon in my stash. Don't you love the yellow ruler ribbon? I think it is the perfect fit. The fun label at the base of the trophy is a free printable from Megan at BalancingHome.com. Her website is filled with wonderful ideas and she has such amazing graphic prints in her shop too, so definitely check her out!

To finish, I added some cream tissue-paper garland from Melissa Frances to the top rim of the cup. Not only does it look cute, it acts as a barrier for the polished red apple nestled at the top! Yes, I used real apples on the top of the trophies, and yes they were a hit!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantabulous weekend!
Amy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are so cute!!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are sooooooooooo awesome!!! I loveeeeeeeee them!! You are amazing!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

I was wondering of those were real apples! ;) These are fabulous, Amy! Such a sweet teacher appreciation gift. Love all the glitter and the rosettes, and how fun are all those ribbons? The ruler print is just so perfect for a teacher gift. :)

Sabr said...

Oh my goodness!! Love these and the ruler ribbon (+ the apples) are the perfect touch!

Unknown said...

That is just too cool!! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog :)

Sandy xox

~jan said...

Brilliant teacher gifts, Amy! Love the added glitter - your boys have good taste! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

I bet they were a hit! These are fantastic! LOVE your combination of ribbons! Yum!

Michelle Hernandez said...

These are SO FUN! YES to the glitter! YES to the ribbon in many colors! I would JUMP if I got one of these!!! They are ADORABLE!!!!