Monday, February 24, 2014

Oh, The Places You'll Go...

Since my last post, I have been a very busy girl.  Junk Hippy OKC was back in June, and the grand finale Girlie Show was in November.  It was fun to create for the final show.  I really pushed myself to come up with some over the top ideas.  Not only did I come up with lots of new creations, I also ventured into producing many of my works onto greeting cards, prints and throw pillows.  I am so glad I did.  These smaller items were a hit, and allowed me to spread my art out into the world a little further.  :)
 
Today I am sharing with you my most recent creation, "Oh, the places you'll go..."  My brother and sister-in-law are expecting their first baby in 1 month.  I am so excited, I can't wait to meet my little nephew and shower him with all kinds of love.  My sister, mom and I threw the baby shower this past weekend.  One of the gifts from me was this window for the nursery.  We planned the shower around this theme.  We had big globes on all the tables as centerpieces, we made hot air balloons out of paper lanterns and baskets, and everything was somehow touched with the beautifully dreamy sky/aqua blue. 
 
As for the window, the plan is for it to go right above the crib.  The nursery is very classy, done in dark brown, harvest gold, & baby blue.  The colors and patterns are so rich, the room is definitely fit for a king!  I hope that Baby Ryan will see this window and always think of his Auntie Amy.  Life is such a gift, and his life is just about to begin.  Oh, the places he will go...a true adventure we call life.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I promise to post again soon and share some of the many new creations I have conjured up in my head!
Amy

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwww! That is just gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

I love the map! Please tell me how you made it